Part of the Member's Day on the 26th January 2019 is a workshop dealing with the OS Maps App and it's Website.
If you would like to attend it is necessary to register either on the form below or via any of the feedback options on this site or email
The workshop will be particularly of interest if you have:-
- bought a recent paper map with a Digital Code
- subscription to either Country Walking or Trail magazines who have a free subscription to OS Maps
- have bought a subscription to OS Maps.
The workshop will cover:-
- Overview of the OS Maps "system" (App and website)
- basic use of the moblie OS Map app
Creating an account, Choosing Map type, moving about, Compass
- Finding Routes to walk.
- Recording and saving a walk.
- Other App functions
- Use of the Website
"My Routes", Drawing a route, Finding routes.
Participants will do a very short walk to record or follow a route.
What Do You Need to Bring?
- An Andriod or Iphone mobile. (the Iphone has minor differences from the Andriod example used)
- To have followed some introductory notes.
- Optionally, a laptop though that is not essential
Internet will be available though if you have a reasonable data allowance it will be best to use your own.
It is possible that a small number of mobiles will be available to borrow. Do enquire if that is the case.